Ismaning, Germany – The finalists for this year’s IFOY AWARD (International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year) are Cargometer, Clark, Combilift, Hubtex, Jungheinrich, Raymond, SAE, Still, Torwegge, UniCarriers, ProGlove and Trône Seating. Fifteen products from these suppliers will now vie for the awards for the best products and solutions of the year.
A startup of the year category is being judged for the first time this year.
Finalists in the counterbalanced truck segment are:
- The Clark S25 gas driven forklift with a lifting capacity of 2.5 tons has been nominated for the finals. According to Clark the S-Series offers low total cost of ownership and significantly higher comfort.
- The TX3 three-wheel counterbalanced truck from UniCarriers. The vehicles in this series have a load capacity of 1.3 to 2.0 tons. The electrical machines are characterized by low energy consumption, clever ergonomics and high handling efficiency.
In the warehouse truck category:
- The Combi-PPT from Combilift is a pedestrian pallet truck with a load capacity of more than 8.000 kilograms. The high-performance vehicle, which has been developed to replace large and cumbersome ride-on forklifts, offers a good view on the load, safety and maneuverability as well as efficient operation in narrow areas.
- The MaxX electric multi-directional sideloader from Hubtex, in the low-price segment, is designed for handling long loads in narrow aisles. For combined indoor and outdoor use, the 4.5-tonne MaxX is an alternative to diesel-powered trucks, says the manufacturer.
- Jungheinrich enters the finals with the ETV 216i. The truck is the world’s first lithium-ion reach truck, and the first electric industrial truck with integrated lithium-ion technology as a standard feature. Advantages for the user: short charging times for quick and intermediate charging, maintenance-free operation, longer lifetime and a completely new vehicle design due to the elimination of the battery compartment.
In the AGV & Intralogistics Robot category:
- Jungheinrich wins a nomination for the miniload stacker crane “STC”. The Hamburg-based manufacturer’s first in-house development for automatic small parts storage (AS/RS) is a light-weight, high-performance device that offers space-saving storage of small parts in totes, trays and cartons.
- Still’s automated LiftRunner with LTX and automatic loading and unloading. The automated tugger train combines automated transport with automated load handling in production supply. The LTX 50 electric tractor pulls trailers with a total weight of up to 5,000 kilograms.
- The MANIPULA-TORsten (TOR-sten meets friends). Thanks to its flexible modularity the device can be used, among other things, as a combination of a self navigating Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) and a robot. For IFOY the AGV was equipped with a manipulator to become a mobile picking robot called MANIPULA-TORsten.
In the Intralogistics Software category:
- ZoneCONTROL from Jungheinirch. The tool is a modular, radio-based assistance system for local control of the faults. Extensive information and intervention options in the warehouse and on the vehicle can be combined and adjusted vehicle-specifically.
- Still wins a nomination for the new fleet control system “neXXt fleet”. The web portal comprises nine different apps that can be used to merge data for fast analyses and optimization measures. The responsive reporting tool evaluates data and automatically reminds the user if costs or deadlines are exceeded or if maintenance and testing deadlines are due.
- The CARGOMETER tool offers freight measurement “on-the-fly” on moving forklifts. This means that the dimensions, weight and barcodes of packages are captured without stopping as an industrial truck passes through the loading gate and are digitally transferred to the WMS system.
Special of the Year – 3D:
- Raymond Corp. has won a nomination for its 3D Virtual Reality Simulator is specifically designed to train forklift operators to check and improve skill levels. As an industry innovation the tool is mounted on a Raymond forklift truck and connected to the company’s sPort (Simulation Port) to create a realistic learning environment for operators.
- The SAE 3D VR CPQ (Configure Pricing Quote) tool is software for the realistic configuration of all kinds of 3D intralogistics systems and products, for pricing and for preparing quotations. According to SAE this application is a world innovation that combines all intralogistics products.
Startup of the Year:
- ProGlove has developed a smart glove that replaces the conventional scan pistol. Employees in the manufacturing and logistics industry can work faster, safer and more ergonomically, thus significantly increasing efficiency. Each work step can be documented freehand and a direct feedback can be given directly from the intelligent glove to the user.
- Trône Seating’s forklift seat is an ergonomic memory seat that uses up to five motors to automatically adjust the seating position. In addition to the memory function for an infinite number of drivers, the software provides additional information on the use of the chair and the driver.
The trophies will be awarded on April 26 2019, after extensive testing and assessment by both a technical jury and a panel of international judges. The IFOY AWARD Night will take place for the first time in the Hofburg in Vienna, Austria.