MARENGO, Illinois—UniCarriers Americas Corporation (UCA), a manufacturer of materials handling equipment, introduces a new GCT ZD30 Tier 4 diesel engine now available in its G04 series 8,000- to 11,000-pound capacity, pneumatic-tire lift trucks.
UniCarriers GO4_ZD3 Engine
The new 3.0-litre, turbo ZD30 diesel engine, designed by UniCarriers Corporation’s wholly owned subsidiary, Global Component Technologies (GCT), delivers increased fuel efficiency of approximately 10 percent versus the prior design, and reduces emissions below EPA Tier 4 standards.
Standard features of the GO4 Series and its new ZD30 engine include:
· Electronic control
· Common-rail fuel injection
· Cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
· Diesel oxidation catalyst
· Diesel particulate filter
· New meter panel
· High/low maximum speed selector
· Power/economy acceleration mode selector
· Engine and transmission protection system
UniCarriers claims the engine delivers dependable cold-weather starts as well as enhanced reliability. The G04 truck has an oversized, heavy-duty differential and drivetrain, as well as thick mast rails.