OTTAWA, Ontario—The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in North America (CILTNA), under the new leadership of Bob Armstrong, will be holding a Transportation Workshop Annual, General Meeting, and Dinner on November 19 in Ottawa.
The event, to be held at the Sheraton Hotel, starts with a presentation by Transportation Media editorial director Lou Smyrlis, MCILT, on transportation industry trends. He will be sharing the results from the latest Transportation Buying Trends research, completed in late October.
Smyrlis will then moderate a panel entitled Transportation Beyond 2012, featuring several well-known transportation experts, including:
- Elias Demangos, president and CEO, Fortigo Freight
- Bill Oliver, vice president and general manager, Pegasus Logistics
- Bruce Burrows, vice president, Railway Association of Canada
- Mike Broad, president and CEO, The Shipping Federation
- Brian Springer, vice president transportation, Eastern Canada, Loblaw Company Ltd
The panel will be followed by an address from Andy Byford, CMILT, president and CEO Toronto Transit Commission.
Terry Bowles, president and CEO, the St Lawrence Seaway Management Corp, is the keynote dinner speaker.
For more information go to www.ciltna.com or call 613-688-1438.