In recent weeks, Washington pundits have characterized the TPP as a “pivot to the Pacific”. Others have described the agreement as a “complex collection of side agreements”. Meanwhile, US government officials are drafting the TPP implementation bill and rulemaking before a final US vote on the pact. For these officials, there is no “TPP pause”. And for many business leaders, they understand that the time is now to consider the strategic ramifications of these new rules and side agreements.
On Thursday, April 7th, 2016 at 2:00 PM (ET), Export Development Canada (EDC) and APMA invite you to join a complimentary webinar focused on the TPP and its potential impacts on the North American automotive industry including what the agreement means, how it differs from NAFTA and what competitive opportunities the Canadian automotive supply chain should be considering.
Join this Webinar to better understand:
- When will the TPP come into force
- What does the TPP mean for a company’s NAFTA shipments to the United States and Mexico
- How could the TPP bring changes for a company’s broader supply chain
- Why should a company start preparing now for the TPP and Who already are
The Agenda will include the following:
- David Hamill and Birgit Matthiesen, Co-Chairs, Canada-U.S. Cross Border Business Affairs, Arent Fox LLP. David and Birgit are well known in the Canadian business community for their intimate knowledge of the TPP rules and their real life application for cross-border businesses.
- Christian Bertrand, Sector Advisor for Automotive, Export Development Canada (EDC), who will speak to how EDC can support automotive suppliers looking to take advantage of potential opportunities that the TPP may provide.
- Q & A