MM&D MAGAZINE, MARCH/APRIL 2011
- Miguel Baert is the new president with Mississauga, Ontario-based Katoen Natie Canada. Baert will oversee all of the company’s operating divisions and the more than two million square feet of warehousing capabilities at its Canadian facilities.
- Mike Franczak, currently CP’s senior vice-president, operations, has been promoted to executive vice-president, operations. Franczak succeeds Ed Harris who retired on April 1. Franczak will be responsible for operations across CP’s 23,680-km North
- Jim Eckler has joined Tompkins Associates, a North Carolina-based global supply chain and business strategy firm. Eckler is the former CEO of Toronto-based SCI Group.
- Lynden International of Seattle has promoted Rob Clarke to international business development director for Canada and has hired Charles Odom as its new business development director for Oil & Gas. Clarke will be based in Toronto and will develop trade lanes between the US and Canada. Odom will be based in Houston and will help identify new opportunities for oil patch business.
- Intelligrated has appointed Ryan Judge to sales account manager for Mississauga, Ontario-based Intelligrated Canada Limited. Judge will work with clients in the distribution and fulfillment markets and oversee system sales.
- Port Metro Vancouver’s board elected Craig Neeser as its incoming chair in March. Neeser joined the Port Metro Vancouver board in 2009. He most recently served as chair of the major capital projects committee and member of the governance/conduct committee.