COLUMBUS, Indiana – Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc. (TMHU) recently launched a new AC-powered walkie pallet jack under the brand Tora-Max.
The 4,000-pound lift capacity walkie, built for customers in search of an entry-level walkie, provides a simple solution and solid performance. The Tora-Max walkie has a target delivery time of four weeks or less and retails for US$2,999.
The new product serves small businesses and hand pallet truck users who are ready to step up to powered equipment. Tora-Max also provides a solution to manufacturers with a “no forklift policy” on the plant floor.
Tora-Max walkies are available now at Toyota and Tora-Max forklift dealers across the U.S. Customer shipments are expected to begin by November 1, 2017.
“Tora-Max is the walkie for customers who want a fast, easy, turnkey solution,” said TMHU’s electric product planning specialist Martin Brenneman. “It’s the right no-frills product for the value buyer.”The new Tora-Max includes:
- Single point watering system with tool-free cover removal for simple battery maintenance
- On-board battery charger
- Standard wet-cell battery pack
- Standard turtle-mode button for pinwheel turning in a 93-inch space
- Multi-functional control handle with ergonomic grips
- 3.4 mph travel speed
- 12 month, 1,000 hour, parts-only warranty