New drawer slide system
ALLENTOWN, PA — In response to customer demand for storage systems that supports increased weight capacity, enhanced durability and smoother drawer operation in heavy-duty applications, Vidmar, a Stanley Black & Decker Storage Solutions brand, has launched a new and improved drawer slide system.
The new drawer slide system will be implemented into the Vidmar cabinet line and available to all customers including automotive, military, heavy equipment, manufacturing and agricultural industries.
“We took one of the most robust products in the industry, with its 40 year history of field success, and we listened to our customers. They asked us to increase weight capacity, improve smoothness, maximize life cycle, and enhance the user experience for heavy duty applications,” said Saad Malik, vice-president and general manager, Stanley Black & Decker Storage Solutions.
Key features of the new Vidmar drawer slide system include:
- 2x increased life-cycle versus current Vidmar drawer systems
- 10% increase and 440 pound drawer weight capacity compared to existing Vidmar carriage system cabinets
- Compatible with existing Vidmar cabinets. Customers can order a new drawer and runner, and update existing cabinets in less than 15 minutes using hand tools
- The new channel design provides a greater grip on the drawer slides, resulting in less side to side movement and making it easier to open and close the drawer, a significant improvement for double-wide and extra-wide cabinet footprints.
- Made in the USA with global materials – the Vidmar drawer slide system is manufactured by a skilled workforce in the Allentown, PA Stanley Black & Decker facility.
Additionally, Vidmar customers have access to a highly trained field team of storage and space management experts leveraging one of the broadest storage product portfolios in the industry. This team assists customers in facility and material planning, layouts, designs, and recommends the most optimal storage solution combinations, using the Vidmar and Lista product lines.