MANCHESTER, NH: Velcro USA Inc has released the VELCRO Brand LOGISTRAP, a reusable strap for securing pallet boxes, sleeve packs, and collapsible containers.
“Many of our customers struggle with the huge amount of waste caused by shrink wrap or stretch films, as well as the costs involved with single use solutions,” said Chris Lerra, business development manager at Velcro USA Inc. “The LOGISTRAP is designed for our customers to meet their business targets whether decreasing costs, reducing environmental impact, improving health and safety or overall efficiencies.”
Compared to shrink wrap per pallet annually, the company said, VELCRO Brand LOGISTRAP offers a savings of 57 percent and a waste reduction of 100 percent, based on a pool of 10,000 pallets, moved 10 times a year over three years. The company also said LOGISTRAP:
- Reduces cost by offering a reusable strap for securing goods to a pallet, lowering packaging, recycling, and maintenance costs;
- Is sustainable and reduces waste when replacing single-use alternatives;
- Secures and releases easily;
- Requires no tools or equipment;
- Is versatile and available in two lengths (five and seven metres);
- Is protective—made with VELCRO-brand woven nylon hook and loop—is soft to the touch and won’t damage packaging; and
- Doesn’t hide bar codes and other identifying label.