MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – Walmart Canada is seeking to immediately hire 10,000 staff. Positions will be in warehouses and in stores, in customer service and order picking roles.
The hiring news follows a major $3.5 billion investment in supply chain. The investment over the next five years will lead to the use of advanced technologies working alongside associates in a state-of-the-art facility to move products as quickly as possible.
“Every Walmart store and warehouse across Canada is part of the local community. If you are looking for a way to serve your community, are customer-oriented and want to work with a winning team, we want to hear from you – just text us,” said Nabeela Ixtabalan, executive vice-president, people and corporate affairs.
“Walmart is a great place to work and we’re very proud to be able to offer new jobs to Canadians in communities across the country.”
The new associates are needed for roles such as:
- E-commerce Store Associate – who pick items for online orders and prepare these orders for pickup and delivery.
- Fresh Food Associate – work in bakery, meat, produce, and dairy/frozen.
- Merchandising Associate – stock and merchandise products.
- Customer Experience Associate – cashiers, greeters and customer service desk associates.
- Warehouse Associate – pick and receive orders and prepare products for shipment to stores and customers
- Drivers – deliver products safely and on time