Permits now required for NWT commercial travel

by Canadian Shipper

A new bill in the Northwest Territories is requiring carriers to obtain trip permits before a commercial vehicle can cross prescribed boundaries.

Before crossing boundaries of prescribed zones on primary highways in the Territories, a trip permit must now be obtained from the Ministry of Transportation.

The permit will specify the commercial vehicle’s planned route.

Have your say

We won't publish or share your data