NOVI, Michigan – Lineage Logistics, LLC has announced 10 new acquisitions in the United States. Over the past eighteen months, Lineage completed strategic domestic acquisitions consisting of 24 locations across core population and food production markets. All of these acquisitions have either been successfully integrated or are on track to be integrated by year end.
Among the assets most recently acquired is Southern Cold Storage, which adds two facilities in Alabama and Louisiana to support customer growth in the Southeast and enhances Lineage’s service offering via its local shuttle services to create a valued packaged solution.
The announced acquisitions include:
- Southern Cold Storage, including two locations in Gadsden, Alabama and Baton Rouge, Louisana.
- Allied Frozen Storage, including eight locations in upstate New York.
- One net leased location in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Professional Freezing Services, including two locations in Bedford Park, Illinois.
- Iowa Cold Storage, including one location in Altoona, Indiana.
- Western Distribution Services, including two locations in Washington.
- One location in the Port of Seattle, Washington.
- Two locations from Ryder Logistics in Rochelle, Illinois, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Two locations from NORPAC in Oregon.
- Three net leased locations from Investcorp in Chicagoland, Illinois.
“While we have recently completed a number of international acquisitions, we remain focused on strengthening our U.S. footprint and offering our customers additional capacity and services in key markets,” said Greg Lehmkuhl, president and EO of Lineage.
Lineage’s recent acquisition activity in the United States is in response to growing demand for cold storage, which is supported by strong population growth, changing consumer food preferences and increasing demand for the services of third-party logistics providers as the food supply chain becomes increasingly complex.
This news comes on the heels of the company’s recently announced acquisition of Ontario Refrigerated Services, which is now completed. This marks Lineage’s entrance into Canada and the launch of its greater North American platform.