Done deals: May 11, 2023

by Inside Logistics Online Staff

Descartes & Supply Vision

Descartes Systems Group has acquired Supply Vision, a provider of shipment management solutions for North American logistics services providers. Descartes paid US$12 million cash plus a. potential performance-based consideration. Supply Vision is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.

Automha Americas Automation Corp

Automha Americas Automation Corp will be manufacturing the all-new Pallet Runner GX in Buffalo, New York, by the end of 2023. Staffing requirements are still being finalized, but new job opportunities are expected to be created directly with Automha Americas and local manufacturing businesses.

Emergent Cold Latin America

Emergent Cold Latin America has acquired two temperature-controlled storage facilities located in the State of Rio Grande do Sul, in Southern Brazil. These assets were purchased from Reiter Log. The transaction includes a new 12,500-pallet facility in Nova Santa Rita, in the metropolitan region of Porto Alegre, the state capital, and a 2,500-pallet facility located in Passo Fundo. The Nova Santa Rita site includes additional land for several future development projects. Emergent Cold LatAm now provides almost one million square metres of cold storage capacity in Brazil, along with blast freezing and other value-added services.

AIT Worldwide Logistics

AIT Worldwide Logistics reaffirmed its commitment to protecting the environment as a signatory of The Climate Pledge. Co-founded by Amazon and Global Optimism, The Climate Pledge is a commitment signed by nearly 400 companies across 34 countries to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2040 – a decade ahead of the Paris Agreement’s goal of 2050. AIT aims to meet this goal even faster, by 2035 using both emission reduction practices and carbon offset purchases.

Hapag-Lloyd & Spinelli Group

Hapag-Lloyd has closed its deal to acquire 49 percent of the shares in the Spinelli Group, an Italian terminal and transport operator. The remaining 51 percent of the shares in the corporate group remain in the hands of the Spinelli family. The parties did not disclose financial details of the deal.