The board of directors of the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) has announced the results of its officers election.
The board elected Stephen Branscum, group vice-president of consumer products at BNSF Railway Company, as chairman for 2010. He succeeds Greg Stefflre.
The board named David Howland, vice-president at Optimodal LLC, its vice-chairman, and Steve Rubin, president of Seacastle Chassis Inc, its treasurer.
There are also five new directors and one director who was re-elected. They each begin a three-year term this month. They are:
• James Hertwig, president of CSX Intermodal (Rail Division);
• Thomas Kelly, executive vice-president and COO of MOL (America) Inc (Water Division);
• Kevin Lhotak, president of Reliable Transportation Specialists Inc (Motor Carrier Division);
• Barry Michaels, assistant vice-president for Premium Operations, Union Pacific Railroad Company (At-Large);
• Val Noel, president of Pacer Cartage Inc (At-Large); and
• Phil Shook, director of Intermodal at CH Robinson Worldwide (IMC Division).