Who’s on the move: April 24, 2017
Jim Nelson has joined Reimer Associates Inc as a vice-president. Nelson brings over 30 years of experience and industry knowledge in both transportation and supply chain. Throughout his career, he has held senior management positions with Coca-Cola Canada, Tibbett & Britten Group, MacKinnon Transport and most recently Wheels Group. Nelson’s network, along with his experience in the hiring and the selection process, make him an excellent fit. Reimer Associates specializes exclusively in recruitment for the transportation and supply chain industry.
Tom Cronin has joined Livingston International Inc in the role of chief financial officer, replacing Sharon Sritong, who has chosen to pursue other opportunities. Cronin possesses more than 25 years of leadership experience in North American and global companies, including LifeLabs Medical Laboratories, Symcor Inc. and SHL Systemhouse. David Rish will also be joining Livingston as the new president of Global Trade Management. Rish joins Livingston from Toll Global Forwarding, where he was senior vice-president, Customs and Trade Advisory Services. He worked with the executive team to manage the entire Americas operations and served as the head of Regulatory Compliance and head of Commercial Strategy. Before joining Toll, Rish was senior vice-president, country head of Customs Services with Panalpina from 2011 to 2015.
The federal government announced the following appointments to various ports in Canada, Marine Atlantic Inc., and the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada.
- Kristopher Parsons, Chief Risk Officer at Memorial University of Newfoundland is newly appointed as Chairperson of Marine Atlantic Inc for a term of five years;
- Darin Deschamps, Co-Head and Head of Investing Banking and Capital Markets Canada at Wells Fargo Securities is newly appointed as Director of the Toronto Port Authority for a term of three years;
- Jennifer Stebbing, Associate Lawyer at Ross & McBride LLP is newly appointed as Director of the Hamilton Port Authority; for three years;
- Dr. Josef (Jim) Spatz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Southwest Properties Ltd. was reappointed for three years as Director of the Halifax Port Authority;
- Kamal Ahmed, was reappointed for one year as Port Warden of the Harbour of Quebec;
- Dr. George Pugh, consultant in emergency medicine was reappointed for eight months at the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada; and
- Dr. Abdo Shabah, Associate Professor at University de Montréal School of Public Health was reappointed for eight months at the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada.
— April 24, 2017