EnerSys has expanded its line of NexSys iON Lithium-ion batteries with the addition of an 80-volt model.
Engineered for fast recharge, long run times and to deliver high energy capacity in a smaller footprint, the latest NexSys iON battery model provides power for a variety of heavy-duty applications, including those converting from LP- and diesel-fueled equipment to fulfill sustainability requirements.
“We strive to provide our customers with solutions that are tailored to their unique operational demands,” said Harold Vanasse, senior director of marketing, motive power global at EnerSys.
“Sometimes that can include a large warehouse that’s operating on a 24/7 basis and requires the utilization of a variety of heavy-duty equipment to keep up with their business schedule. It’s important that we can offer these operators a complete range of power options that provide high productivity and lower Total Cost of Ownership. We are excited to be able to support our customers with the addition of our NexSys iON 80V battery.”
Other notable design features of the NexSys iON 80V battery include:
- Capacity: 17.8 to 35.7 kWh (222-444 Ah)
- Can maintain a high State of Charge (SoC) as a result of its fast recharge capability and longer forklift truck run time
- Eliminates battery changes for peak productivity
- Maintenance free – no watering, battery cleaning or long equalize charges
- Integrated Battery Management System (BMS) is designed to Automotive Functional Safety Standard ISO 26262
- BMS supports greater safety, reliability and battery life by performing auto-diagnosis, voltage limitation (charge and discharge) and communication of performance data
- Optional forklift truck integration via CAN protocol
- Engineered with multiple layers of safety
- CE certified to meet EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements
EnerSys NexSys iON batteries are available in multiple voltages, including 24V, 36V, 48V and now 80V. Additionally, fast- and opportunity-charging NexSys iON batteries with high output NexSys+ chargers provide added user convenience and enhanced fleet efficiency.
Using a proprietary EnSite modeling software, EnerSys can work directly with the customer to right-size a NexSys iON battery and NexSys+ charger to their vehicle fleet, helping to eliminate the unwanted downtime and unnecessary stress associated with premature battery failure from improper installation, equipment fitting or charging practices.