Skip to content
Done deals: December 20, 2019
- In a partnership announced on December 12, 2019, users of FANUC robots are now able to directly program and implement Soft Robotics’s proprietary technology into their workstreams, and Soft Robotics’ mGrip system and FANUC optimized control system with robots are now available for purchase through FANUC’s global network.
- Alliance Tires recently implemented RF Pathways WMS v300.4.30.9 to get a handle on their growing number of products, volume of sales, facilities and customers. The next planned implementation is at Alliance Tires’s 200,000-square-foot DC in Savannah, Georgi early in 2020.
- VeriShip, a SaaS-based shipping expense optimization platform, has acquired Valence, a software and managed service company that tracks Amazon’s operational errors for sellers in its Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program. The acquisition establishes VeriShip to offer managed services and insights for small to mid-sized businesses shipping across the world’s largest parcel shipping and fulfillment networks – Amazon, DHL, FedEx, and UPS.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance and McKesson Corporation have signed an agreement to create a joint venture that will combine their respective pharmaceutical wholesale businesses in Germany, Alliance Healthcare Deutschland and GEHE Pharma Handel. WBA will have a 70 percent controlling equity interest in the joint venture and McKesson will have a 30 percent ownership interest. The combined business is expected to deliver efficient distribution solutions, and drive greater economies of scale. The transaction does not include any other WBA or McKesson businesses outside of the German wholesale activities.
- Maestro International Cargo has been officially unveiled as Emirates SkyCargo‘s handling partner for pharma at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Maestro operates a three-zone, GDP-certified cooler dedicated to handling pharmaceuticals at a range of temperatures between eight and 25 degrees Celsius. The system uses state-of-the-art temperature and humidity monitoring and is backed up by a dedicated back-up power generation system monitored around the clock and fully tested weekly. The facility has ten outlets in the 15 to 25 degree Celsius cooler and an additional ten outlets in the general warehouse space.