SAN MATEO, CALIF. — Sonim Technologies, a provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions, has partnered with Scandit to provide a new barcode scanning solution.
Sonim Scan is an Android application that utilizes the Scandit Barcode Scanner SDK to turn Sonim’s ultra-rugged XP8 smartphone into a barcode scanning solution.
Sonim Scan running on the XP8 offers:
- Scanning of up to 45 barcodes per minute;
- Fully supports 1D, 2D and postal code barcodes;
- Continuous scan;
- Scanning via the device’s physical yellow, alarm and/or PTT buttons or via on-screen floating widget providing excellent ergonomics and flexibility;
- Two options for transmitting data – Data insertion (keyboard wedge) or Android Broadcast that can be easily integrated into any third-party app;
- No additional hardware to buy, maintain or track;
- Little power consumption.
“We needed a solution that could take a beating from our drivers while accurately scanning and capturing high volumes of auto parts for proof of delivery,” said Air Contact Transport CEO Brad Honigsberg.
“Sonim Scan will help our team deliver on our mission to provide nothing less than uncompromisingly predictable, reliable and consistent delivery service to our customers.”
Sonim’s XP8 Android smartphone is a military-rated device built to work in extreme environments. Sonim offers a comprehensive three-year warranty and includes the SCOUT Enterprise XPerience, allowing businesses to more efficiently manage and control communications.
Sonim Scan is designed for enterprise workers who must capture and track data in short time frames. Common use cases include:
- Logistics (delivery of any kind of package)
- Asset management/tracking
- Retail (inventory management/tracking and customer service)
- Events (ticketing)