Rolling Meadows, Illinois – Excitement was generated at Komatsu America’s Training & Customer Center in Cartersville, GA as Komatsu Forklift U.S.A. officially launched the new FH-2 Hydrostatic Drive forklift to its dealers.
The new FH-2 Series offers Komatsu Tier 4 Final diesel powered pneumatic tire models with 8,000 / 9,000 / 10,000 / 11,000 lbs. of capacity with Komatsu’s exclusive Hydro-Static Drive System (HST), advanced Closed-center Load Sensing hydraulic System (CLSS), and KOMTRAX, Komatsu’s GPRS / GPS wireless information delivery and tracking system.
Komatsu’s two-day launch meeting brought together Komatsu Forklift dealers from across North America to see, drive and review competitive advantages of the new FH-2 Series. In addition to the FH-2 launch, Komatsu also provided dealer sales people with advanced training on the heart-of-the-line BX50 engine powered cushion and pneumatic forklift versus the competition. Komatsu’s FH-2 Series was designed to utilize highly reliable, field-proven drive and control components that have been used for many years in Komatsu construction equipment. The FH-2 drive system is “Electronically-controlled Hydro-Static” or HST. These drive-line components have earned high marks for their quality and reliability in years of use in Komatsu construction equipment like wheel loaders and dozers.
The forklift’s hydraulic system uses a variable displacement pump with “Closed-center Load Sensing” or CLSS that is a highly efficient hydraulic system used in Komatsu’s hydraulic excavators. All FH-2 Series models are powered by a Komatsu designed and manufactured diesel engine that features advanced engine technologies to achieve superior fuel economy, reduced environmental impact, and outstanding controllability. The new FH Series offers some great new features that will dramatically reduce overall operational costs, and is Tier 4 Final certified.
Komatsu’s HST / CLSS / and SAA4D95LE-6 Diesel Engine work in harmony to achieve significant fuel economy, especially in tough, high-cycle operations where fast-paced loading, unloading, and directional changes are prevalent. New FH-2 Series features include:
- Komatsu engineered and manufactured, electronically-controlled Hydro-Static drive system – HST
- Komatsu designed and manufactured turbo-charged diesel engine – SAA4D95LE-6, is Tier 4 Final compliant without sacrificing power or productivity
- Spacious operator compartment with full suspension seat
- Tilt & telescopic steering console with small diameter steering wheel & spinner knob
- Fully hydrostatic power steering
- Airtight wet disc brake system to assure exceptional overall durability and low operational costs
- Closed-center Load Sensing hydraulic System (CLSS) that efficiently produces just the right amount of flow and hydraulic pressures demanded by the situation
- HST drive allows for directional changes to be accomplished smoothly without releasing the accelerator pedal
- Adjustable auto engine shutdown system prevents needless idling – saving fuel and operational costs
- Adjustable “Turtle” control switch offers four different control speed settings for precise speed control in tight working situations
- KOMTRAX on-board wireless fleet management system with dash mounted colour monitor
The FH-2 Series offers power, performance, efficiency and operator comforts, allowing the operator to handle the toughest applications while maximizing efficiency and productivity. With excellent controllability and handling ease, the FH-2 Series is the best possible choice for the most difficult and demanding applications. The tougher the application, the greater the cost savings generated by the efficiency and operational excellence of the FH-2 series. The FH-2 Series could have a dramatic effect for users looking to reduce their overall operational costs.
Another standard feature on the FH-2 series is KOMTRAX, an exclusive wireless remote equipment and fleet monitoring system. Leading-edge wireless technology and a secure, user-friendly, web-based application provide critical information…anytime, anywhere. KOMTRAX tells you where your machines are, what they are doing, and how they are doing it, providing total fleet management capabilities for improved fleet utilization,
reduced downtime, and lower owning and operating costs.
KOMTRAX can help keep machines operating at peak performance and provides useful information on operator habits and abilities. KOMTRAX also provides the information to maximize output through increased efficiencies, just-in-time maintenance, and preventative maintenance.